Saturday 3 January 2015

Emotion

Meanwhile, Krishna would peep at the window every now and then to see if Uddhava arrived. His impatience and anxiousness just kept growing with time.  When he finally saw Uddhava coming, ‘Uddhava! Uddhava! How was your trip? How is everyone doing at Brindavan?’

Uddhava could not control his emotions anymore.  He simply fell at Krishna’s lap and started weeping – so much that he could not answer Krishna.  Krishna, ‘Uddhava, are you okay? Why are you weeping?’

‘Krishna, am I crying?  Do you see tears in my eyes?  Am I really crying? Alas!  Times have changed Krishna.  You used to weep and I would ask for the reason.  Today, I am crying and you are asking me!’

‘Krishna, this is not because of any sorrow! It is because of Prema Bhakti.  Oh Krishna! Did I also get Prema Bhakti?  Oh Krishna! Did I also get Prema Bhakti?

If I ever got Prema Bhakti, then I deem my Brindavan trip as successful! Krishna,  remember, don’t think that I got this Bhakti because of your satsanga.  It is absolutely not because of your grace!’

Uddhava continued, ‘It is because one drop of devotion from the huge ocean of love (prema Sagara) that the gopis have for you,  has fallen on me!  That is why I am in this state, Oh! Krishna!’

No comments:

Post a Comment